[Vision2020] resigning before speaking

Bill London london@moscow.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:58:55 -0800

I do not understand why Mike Curley had to resign from the city Planning
and Zoning Commission to speak about a zoning issue at the last Moscow
City Council meeting.  Is that really what happened?
Why is it illegal or improper or whatever for a citizen (especially one
well informed on the issue) to speak to the council on an important and
contraversial proposal?
The P and Z commission had discussed this issue and made a
recommendation on it to the council, as I understand, and Mike Curley
wanted to speak about it.  Why was he not allowed to speak, unless he
resigned?
I do not get it.
I am sending this to City Supervisor Gary Riedner as well, asking him to
explain this to me and to the V2020 list.
BL