[Vision2020] re: Debate and Dialogue

John Pool jpool@moscow.com
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 15:31:08 -0800

Thank you, Melynda, for being so eloquent. I have found much of the
sparring of late to be amusing but hardly educational or informative.  I
wonder if it's a matter of not swinging at every pitch that goes by. We
were out running with someone today who didn't know what v2020 was all
about, and we reached a consensus that, while v2020 was once and could
again be a good place for community dialogue, it had strayed rather far
from that ideal.

I have often thought about unsubscribing, since so many posts are barely a
quarter-step removed from the stream of ads for increasing the size of
various bodily parts, refinancing homes, investing in fly-by-night get rich
schemes in Niger or purchasing mini-RC cars. I hang in, though, ever
hopeful that some sense of community conversation is restored. I do get
weary of having to use the Delete key with so much v2020 material.

John Pool