[Vision2020] Africa or Ghana?

Linda Pall lpall@moscow.com
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 10:22:28 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C2A423.DEB045E0

Dear Rwiza, Bill, Dave and Visionaries,

You are right, Rwiza: Ghana and ALL of Africa are NOT synonymous!

I have a special connection with Ghana: friends, city and regional =
officials, school library donations and a visit in 1999... plus a =
near-death experience on the way from Cape Coast to Kumasi (!).=20

I have followed and applaud Dave's work. Ghana is a wonderful country... =
oddly like Idaho, except warm. Timber, agriculture and mining power the =
economy. I think every last person in the country is gainfully making =
his or her way... I was totally impressed by the entrepreneurial spirit: =
the foo foo seller, the dressmaker, the weaver, and, yes, the bicycle =
repairer. Where else would I find "The Elvis Spot" within a mile of God =
First Supermarket?

I can't wait to have an excuse to return. It was an honor to get to know =
(a little) one part of Africa. Perhaps one day I will be able to visit =
some of the other parts of the continent that is the ancestral home of =
us all.  Thanks to Dave for his work, to Bill for passing on the word =
and to Rwiza for reminding me of my fondness for a particular piece of =
West Africa.

All the best,
Linda

  ----- Original Message -----=20