[Vision2020] Re: Living document

thansen@moscow.com thansen@moscow.com
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 21:48:33 GMT

Greetings Visionaires -

It is my understanding that the U.S. Constitution is a "living" document as it
may be interpreted different ways, by different people, at different times.
That said, it is clearly not required that we understand the Constitution in
the same identical manner in which the framers did.  I seriously believe that
the framers purposely used generic terms so that the document could (and would)
withstand any and all societal evolutions.

It is as simple as, "You have your truths and I have mine."

Take care,

           http://www.fsr.net/