[CLC-Discussion] Unsafe structure order, time past for compliance, and innocent buyer

RPPTL CLC-Discussion clc-discussion at lists.flabarrpptl.org
Thu Jun 16 11:57:11 PDT 2022

If the City demolishes the structure(s), aren't they going to charge the Owner?  Wouldn't it be better for the Owner to do it?  Perhaps I am missing something like the costs and/or size of the structure.  However, you mentioned the Owner is a contractor.
Factually, the economic waste concept is appealing if the structure is going to be the same and the cost to repair would be much less.  It also seems like the City is acting against the "unsafe" status if there has been such a delay in removing it.  In other words, if it is not that "unsafe", why not let it be repaired.  The question may be if those issues can be raised if the deadlines to appeal the unsafe order have passed.
I do not see it being a taking.  Although it is a creative argument, it seems they would argue that the structure needs to be removed for the property to be used.  Are they stopping the Owner from doing the demolition or are they just not doing what they said they would do?

Paul
Paul S. Martin, Esq. Law Offices of Paul S. Martin & Associates, P.A. 2134 Hollywood Boulevard Hollywood, FL  33020 USA
Phone 954.923.4604 Telefax 954.923.6545
This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is directed.  The information contained in this E-mail message is privileged, confidential, and may be protected from disclosure; please be aware that any other use, printing, copying, disclosure or dissemination of this communication may be subject to legal restriction or sanction. If you think that you have received this E-mail message in error, please immediately reply to the sender.