[CLC-Discussion] Lien question

RONALD KAUFMAN rek at reklawfirm.com
Mon Dec 2 09:11:09 PST 2019

The *Proper Payments* defense would apply (i.e. reducing owner's lien
liability) as to all proper payments made, plus the cost of completing the
contract resulting from Roofer's defective construction.   If the amount of
proper payments when added to the reasonable cost to correct and complete
exceeds contract price, then no monies are available in connection with the
supplier's lien.

Sincerely,

Ronald E. Kaufman, Esq.

*Board Certified Construction AttorneyCertified Circuit Civil Mediator*

Law Offices of Ronald E. Kaufman, P.A.
3399 Ponce De Leon Boulevard, suite 202
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Main Telephone: (305) 444-1500
Facsimile: (305) 675-3327
Email: rek at reklawfirm.com <rekesq at gmail.com>
Website: www.miamiconstructionattorney.info

*Pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act you are hereby advised
that portion of our practice involves the collections of debts and any
information obtained may be used for that purpose.*

*NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY:*
The information contained in this mail is intended for the use of the
intended recipient only and may be confidential and attorney privileged. If
that is not you stop reading, do not distribute or copy this mail, rather
advise me of your receipt, in writing.
*CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:*
Unless expressly stated otherwise, any U.S. federal tax advice contained in
this transmittal, is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be
used, by any person for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the
U.S. Internal Revenue Code, or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any transaction or matter addressed in this e-mail or
attachment.