[CLC-Discussion] Lien question

Steve Thompson sthompson at thompsonbrookslaw.com
Mon Dec 2 08:18:05 PST 2019

My understanding is that the materials are not defective.  As a result, the contract price cannot be reduced by the cost of the materials (including roofer’s markup).  The supplier is just as innocent as the homeowner who hired the roofer.  Did owner pay ½ before or after the NTO?  While it is unfortunate that owner will have to purchase additional materials as a result of roofer’s defective work, and that cost is certainly part of the damages claim against roofer, in my opinion the lien is valid.  Just my 2 cents from someone who represents  a variety of suppliers.

Steven F. Thompson, Esq.
Thompson Commercial Law Group
412 E. Madison St., Ste 900
Tampa, Fl. 33602
813-387-1821
Fax 813-387-1824

THE ABOVE MAY CONTAIN OR CONSTITUTE A  CONFIDENTIAL
AND PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION. IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED
RECIPIENT, OR IF YOU HAVE OTHERWISE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION
IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY OUR OFFICE BY TELEPHONE
AT (813) 387-1821 [collect] AND INFORM THE OFFICE OF THE ERROR;
AND PLEASE DESTROY OR DELETE THIS MESSAGE. THIS MESSAGE MAY NOT
BE REVIEWED, PRINTED, DISPLAYED, OR RE-TRANSMITTED WITHOUT THE
SENDER'S CONSENT. ALL RIGHTS PROTECTED. THERE MAY BE NO FURTHER
DISTRIBUTION OR PUBLICATION OF THIS COMMUNICATION OR ITS CONTENTS
WITHOUT THE EXPRESS CONSENT OF THOMPSON COMMERCIAL LAW GROUP.

THANK YOU.