[CLC-Discussion] Fwd: Online Lien Co. Hits Ohio State Bar With Antitrust Suit

Brent Zimmerman bzimmerman at mecojax.com
Tue Dec 12 06:25:57 PST 2017

Same logic as a litigant in court. An individual litigant may represent themselves in court, but they may not hire a non-lawyer to do it for them. I’m not big on regulation, but to the extent that we have it, this is an area that makes sense.

Brent T. Zimmerman, Esq. | General Counsel
Miller Electric Company
2251 Rosselle Street
Jacksonville, FL  32204
904.360.4551 direct | 904.252.6147 mobile
bzimmerman at mecojax.com
www.mecojax.com | www.millercis.com

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 12, 2017, at 8:47 AM, Dan Vega <DVega at TEVTLaw.com> wrote:
>
> But if lienor prepares lien it’s ok?
>
> Makes no sense
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> Daniel R. Vega
> Board Certified in Construction Law
> Taylor Espino Vega & Touron, P.A.
> 2555 Ponce De Leon Blvd., Suite 220
> Coral Gables, Florida 33134
> Telephone: (305) 443-2043
> Facsimile: (305) 443-2048
> Cell: (305) 962-5186
> E-mail: dvega at tevtlaw.com
>
> On Dec 12, 2017, at 8:25 AM, Weintraub, Lee <lweintraub at bplegal.com> wrote:
>
>> The attorney general held it does matter. Drafting of liens requires legal analyses that could screw a lienor who relies upon such analysis performed by a non-lawyer.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>

>> Lee A. Weintraub
>> Shareholder
>> Board Certified in Construction Law
>> Chair, Public Private Partnerships Practice Group
>> Vice Chair, Construction Law and Litigation Practice Group
>>
>> 1 East Broward Blvd., Suite 1800 | Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
>> Tel: 954.985.4147 | Fax: 954.985.4176 | E-Mail
>> Website | Connect on LinkedIn | Follow Me on Twitter
>> <2b6986.png>
>> <9cacb3.png> <dcebd0.png> <ea86ca.png> <874eba.png> <9db15a.png>
>> The Becker & Poliakoff Client CARE Center is here to serve our valued clients. If we can be of assistance in any way, please call us toll-free at 1-844-CAREBP1 (1-844-227-3271) or by email at care at bplegal.com.
>>
>> On Dec 12, 2017, at 8:21 AM, Dan Vega <DVega at TEVTLaw.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Does it matter who prepares the lien form so long as lienor signs it?
>>>
>>> The notice companies provide a valuable service to many small companies who otherwise would likely blow their lien rights.
>>>

>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>
>>> Daniel R. Vega
>>> Board Certified in Construction Law
>>> Taylor Espino Vega & Touron, P.A.