[CLC-Discussion] Lien Right?:

Sean A. Mickley smickley at gouldcooksey.com
Wed Jan 7 19:07:28 PST 2015

Does a handyman performing repairs and improvements in excess of $2,500 which do not require a license have lien rights on the property?

I understand that florida law requires a contractor be licensed in order to lien property, but it does not require a license for material men or laborers to lien the property. Arguably, the handyman is a hybrid between the two. I would appreciate any insight on this issue.

My initial conclusion is that the handyman does not have lien rights but I'd like to gather your collective thoughts.

Sean A. Mickley, Esq.
Gould Cooksey Fennell, P.A.
979 Beachland Blvd.
Vero Beach, FL 32963