[CLC-Discussion] PEO Dilemma

Smith, Jared jsmith at rumberger.com
Mon Oct 13 18:34:50 PDT 2014

I have a client who is looking at using a PEO for employee leasing.  The challenge is all PEO agreements require a complete list of all employees and others who are to be covered, however there is always the unintended possibility of his subcontractors having employees on site which are not covered by a work comp policy.  My client was told by his insurance agent that PEOs should offer Minimum Premium Policies to cover this gap, however all PEOs in Florida are apparently refusing to do so.  Any dealt with this issue and/or found a way around it?

Jared E. Smith
Board Certified in Construction Law

[RKC]<http://www.rumberger.com/>

Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell, P.A.
100 North Tampa Street
Suite 2000 (33602)
Post Office Box 3390
Tampa, FL  33601-3390
Tel: 813.223.4253
Fax: 813.221.4752
jsmith at rumberger.com
vCard<http://www.rumberger.com/90F6E0/assets/files/vCards/Jared%20Smith.vcf>

www.rumberger.com<http://www.rumberger.com/>
Orlando Miami Tallahassee Tampa Birmingham

The information in this e-mail message is legally privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or the agent responsible to deliver it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, copying, dissemination, distribution,
forwarding or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this communication
is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender as soon
as possible.  In addition, please delete the erroneously received message from any
device/media where the message is stored.