[CLC-Discussion] RFQ: Response: Certification

Richard A. Burt dick at burt-burt.com
Thu Sep 5 10:54:57 PDT 2013

Everyone,

Here is a problem as to which I would like your comment:

An engineer (my client) is responding to an RFQ issued by a local government.  The RFQ requires that the following certification be included in the response:

Proposer certifies to the best of its knowledge and belief that no funds or other resources received in connection with an award of a contract from this RFQ will be used directly or indirectly to influence legislation or any other official action by the Florida Legislature or any state agency.

Services typically offered to clients by my client and by other environmental engineers include (i) funding assistance (for example, preparation of applications and responses to RFI's in connection with FDEP and other government grants), (ii) assistance in acquiring permits (for example, permits issued by water management districts and building permits issued by local governments) (iii) legislative assistance (for example, consultant and lobbying services furnished to assist FICE in its efforts to encourage/discourage legislation affecting the engineering community and discussion with FDOT personnel regarding modification of its standard form contracts).

Question:  Can environmental engineers who offer these services make the required certification?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Richard A. Burt, Esq.

Richard A. Burt, Esq.
BURT & BURT