[CLC-Discussion] Dealing With Difficult Counsel

James B.Boone, Esq. jbboone at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 19 14:37:51 PDT 2013

I try to give obstinate opposing counsel at least 5-7 different dates
for motion calender and 3-5 dates for special sets (all scheduling for
hearings up to 30 minutes is done online in Broward).  I then give
counsel a deadline to pick a date or I pick the date (assuming opposing
counsel is not in a lengthy trial for which I ask for proof of same).
I've never had a judge in 25 plus years of practice in Broward find this
is unreasonable.   I go forward with the hearing in the event opposing
counsel wants to play the game and not show up and present the
documented history of attempted scheduling to the judge.  I have not had
a judge refuse to hear a matter under these conditions.  Hope it works
for you.

Jim Boone

The content of and information contained in this e-mail is confidential and not for dissemination to other than the intended recipient(s).  It may also be protected by the attorney-client privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error please delete from all of your systems and destroy any copies made.

James B. Boone, Esq.
P.O. Box 266646
Weston, FL 33326
954-446-6496