[CLC-Discussion] question re: Lis Pendens and Lien

Donald Gibson dgibson at gibsonlaw.com
Tue Feb 5 16:26:19 PST 2013

I agree with my much older (and, alright, wiser) brother Tim Moorhead.  You need more facts.  For one, given the time between the mortgage foreclosure lis pendens and the NOC (over a year), I would want to know who was supposed to finance this construction project -- especially in light of the fact that it appears you client's client could not even pay their mortgage on the subject property!  Two, what payment / financing representations were made in your client's contract?  There are other questions to ask, but these may lead you to claims for misrepresentation and/or fraud.  Good luck!

Don Gibson, Esquire, PE, LEED AP BC+D
GIBSON|LAW
20 North Brown Avenue
Orlando, Florida  32801