[CLC-Discussion] Warranty Issue

Rafael A. Perez rperez at mcper.com
Tue Sep 18 13:18:08 PDT 2012

Hi, Folks.
We represent a GC that built approximately 85% of a condominium before the project was sold to a new third party successor developer.  The new owner/developer hired a successor contractor to finish the project, and swapped in the new contractor on the existing permits.  The successor owner/developer has now contacted our client (the original contractor) regarding certain roofing defects.
Is anyone aware of any defenses to 718.203 , common law  or express warranty claims where a project is taken over by a successor contractor due to no fault of the original contractor?

If you have any input, please respond to me by separate email.  Thank you so much for your time.

Best,

Rafael A. Perez
Board Certified Construction Attorney
McArdle & Perez, P.A.