[CLC-Discussion] CLC Publications Subcommittee

Sean A. Mickley sam at kirwinnorris.com
Tue Aug 21 11:32:41 PDT 2012

Everyone,

During our last meeting, Arnie asked that I send out an email with my information for purposes of forwarding potential articles and/or peer review volunteers.

Here is our information:

April Atkins, Chair: aaa at kirwinnorris.com<mailto:aaa at kirwinnorris.com>
Sean Mickley, Vice Chair: sam at kirwinnorris.com<mailto:sam at kirwinnorris.com>

If you are interested in writing an article to be published in the Florida Bar Journal, please submit your ideas and/or articles to our attention and we will be happy to facilitate the peer review process and submit the final edition for publication. We always welcome new, interesting and timely submissions and encourage all members of the CLC to write an article. An article can be about anything relevant to the construction law field. The publication of articles on issues concerning the construction industry keeps our practice area in the forefront of other Florida Bar members' minds and furthers our prevalence in the legal community. I cannot tell you how many attorneys, who practice outside of the construction law field, tell me how interesting and informative our articles are to them.

If you are interested in peer reviewing articles submitted by fellow CLC members, please send your contact information. When we receive a potential article we will send a copy to a peer reviewer for comments and edits. As always, the peer reviewer's identity will remain confidential to the article's author. This facilitates a candid and open-editing process without discontent from the article's author.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss article ideas, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks.
Sean

Sean A. Mickley
Attorney

Kirwin Norris, P.A.
15 West Church Street
Suite 301
Orlando, Florida 32801
Telephone: 407-740-6600
Facsimile: 407-740-6363
sam at kirwinnorris.com<mailto:sam at kirwinnorris.com>
www.kirwinnorris.com<http://www.kirwinnorris.com/>

This email message including attachments, if any, is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain attorney-client confidential and/or privileged information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, disclosure, copying, or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email message in error, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message including attachments.  Thank you.

Pursuant to federal regulations imposed on practitioners who render tax advice ("Circular 230"), we are required to advise you that any tax advice contained herein is not intended or written to be used for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service.  If this advice is or is intended to be used or referred to in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or other entity, investment plan or arrangement, the regulations under Circular 230 require that we advise you as follows: (1) this writing is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on a taxpayer; (2) the advice was written to support the promotion or marketing of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed by the written advice; and (3) the taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer's particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.