[WSBARP] Referral for Business Owner (seeking enforcement of protection order post conviction)

Kailei Feeney kailei at westseattlelaw.com
Thu May 23 09:48:48 PDT 2024

Hi all,

While this issue touches “dirt,” I think I’m seeking your trusted recommendation for a criminal attorney?

I have a friend who is local business owner. She obtained a felony harassment conviction over an unknown unhoused individual. Clearly with mental health issues but also with a very long and very very disturbing record, particularly of crimes against women. Post-conviction, individual was released immediately for “time served” and immediately returned to friend’s business. Well within the 1000 feet protection order but no longer throwing objects to break windows, taking actions in her lobby requiring her to shelter clientele in a back storage room, or screaming what he would do with the staff members’ bodies parts after murdering and dismembering them, or apparently other things actionable.

Police have been summoned and have indicated they cannot do anything even though this individual remains closer than 1000 feet because it is “just” harassment. They have alluded to perhaps a 72-hour hold.

My friend is reasonable in what may be possible but for her and her employee’s safety, feels she needs to ensure that legally she has taken every action to protect herself.

Who can I send her to? Referrals, self, or other, are greatly appreciated.

Kailei
Kailei B. Feeney
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01DAACF5.7B47F7D0]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
kailei at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:kailei at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>
Our office will be closed Fridays, beginning June 7, 2024 through August 30, 2024.
Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>
CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment. Unless you have previously signed an engagement agreement with this firm, and the firm has accepted you as a client, NO exchange of information by virtue of emails or communications will create any attorney client relationship, including any duty of confidentiality, between sender and/or recipient.