[WSBARP] How to proceed filing/recording quit claim deed

Ruthanna Walker ruthanna.walker at fairwoodlaw.com
Wed Jun 5 15:53:55 PDT 2024

Thank you for your responses, Mark and Rodney.

Let's say that I represent the grantor. One possible reason that the grantee refuses to sign the affidavit is because the grantor has been the sole payer of the property taxes - grantee wishes to maintain the status quo, I guess. I know that I do not need the grantee to sign the deed but the REET form requires both signatures otherwise the deed won't be recorded (I'm told).

With best regards,

Ruthanna Walker
Special Counsel