[WSBARP] Contractor's bond

Craig Gourley craig at glgmail.com
Thu Feb 29 12:01:08 PST 2024

Listmates,  I have proceeded against countless contactor bonds over the years but this is a first.  The contractor admits he is liable to the client, even signed a document saying so.  We want to go after the bond to at least get the 12k.  Would you suggest calling the bonding company or will they only deal with it when an official suit is commenced?  If the contractor stipulates to judgment does that impair the ability to get the bond or somehow give them a defense? Thanks in advance! Craig

GOURLEY LAW GROUP
THE EXCHANGE CONNECTION
SNOHOMISH ESCROW
P.O. Box 1091
Snohomish, WA 98291
PH:  (360) 568-5065 (800) 291-8401
Fax: (360) 568-8092

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may contain legally privileged, confidential information belonging to the sender. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action based on the contents of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please contact sender and delete all copies.