[WSBARP] Removal of ex-spouse from Deed of Trust

David Faber david at faberfeinson.com
Mon Feb 26 10:56:42 PST 2024

I'm helping a friend out with a breakup. Everyone is amicable, including
the people holding the promissory note & deed of trust (seller carried the
note). I'm trying to find the lowest impact way to get the friend released
from the promissory note & deed of trust. My initial research looked like
we'd have to do a full reconveyance and record a new deed of trust with
just the remaining debtor, but would just a partial reconveyance to the
person getting out of the property successfully eliminate them as a debtor
without creating additional complications? This is a pro bono transaction
and nobody has an extra $300+ to pay for another recording fee, so cost is
a primary factor in me trying to find the lowest-impact approach.

Best,
David J. Faber
Faber Feinson PLLC
800 Polk Street, Suite B
Port Townsend, WA 98368
(360) 379-4110

*** NOTICE: ATTORNEY CLIENT COMMUNICATION - PRIVILEGED & CONFIDENTIAL.
This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that
you have received this communication in error, please do not print,
copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also,
please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in
error, and destroy the copy you received.***