[WSBARP] UGGGGHH - Litigator Help

Timothy Steen tsteen at andersonhunterlaw.com
Fri Feb 16 13:28:04 PST 2024

Paul,

I recall that you have the right under the CRs to amend once without leave of court if the defendant has not answered.  You should quickly file the amended complaint before there is an answer.  I think you are alright on service (you do not have to serve process with every amended complaint), but I would do the research to avoid any doubt.

Timothy E. Steen

Attorney | Anderson Hunter Law Firm

2707 Colby Avenue #1001 | Everett, WA  98201

P.  (425) 252-5161<tel:+14252525161> | D.  (425) 303-3125<tel:+14253033125> | F.  (425) 258-3345<tel:+14252583345>

tsteen at andersonhunterlaw.com<mailto:tsteen at andersonhunterlaw.com>| www.andersonhunterlaw.com<http://www.andersonhunterlaw.com/>

This email message may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized use is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.  To comply with IRS regulations, we advise you that any discussion of Federal tax issues in this e-mail is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used by you, (a) to avoid any penalties imposed under the Internal Revenue Code or (b) to promote, market or recommend to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.  We do not accept service of any kind by e-mail unless expressly authorized in writing by the attorney of record.  E-mail communications are not intended to create contracts or CR 2A agreements.  All such agreements must be signed by the attorney of record.  Thank you.