[WSBARP] Acceptance of Service by Non-Represented Parties

Dave Culbertson dculbertson at culbertsonlawoffice.com
Tue Feb 13 10:44:21 PST 2024

Hi, Folks.
I'm throwing the wide-net on this fishing expedition. I have to serve an individual who lives out of state with a Quiet Title Action. They are not represented by an attorney. However, my understanding is that they have no interest in the property whose title I am clearing up.
So, I'm thinking if they are willing to sign an acceptance of service when I mail them the complaint and summons, that may meet the requirement of proving service of process for what I expect will be an eventual default judgment. That may be a little simpler and cheaper than having a process server. Anybody see any issues or problems with that approach?
Thanks.

Best Regards,

Dave Culbertson

The Law Office of Davisson Culbertson