[WSBARP] Suit against the City for approving faulty design

Craig Gourley craig at glgmail.com
Sat Feb 10 09:27:59 PST 2024

Good morning.  I am wondering if anyone has had success suing a City for approving a faulty storm water design or signing off on a system that does not comply with the drawings.   Short facts - Client lives below a large development.  Approved plat plans had storm water detention located above grade to my client's property.  Plan called for a French drain between his property and the detention pond.  Project was built and no French drain was installed.  Client's property is now a standing water swamp and he will need to install a $28k French drain to resolve the problem.  We have expert testimony that failure to include the French drain in the plan caused the problem.  Developer is gone with the only viable defendant being the City.    Anyone had any luck with this sort of fact pattern???

GOURLEY LAW GROUP
THE EXCHANGE CONNECTION
SNOHOMISH ESCROW
P.O. Box 1091
Snohomish, WA 98291
PH:  (360) 568-5065 (800) 291-8401
Fax: (360) 568-8092

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may contain legally privileged, confidential information belonging to the sender. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action based on the contents of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please contact sender and delete all copies.