[WSBARP] disposition of benefit of deceased beneficiary of life insurance

Heather de Vrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Tue Aug 27 12:29:00 PDT 2024

Generally if the named beneficiary does not survive, no rights survive to their estate. The policy documents will control who the default beneficiary is, but I would generally expect it to be the decedent daughter’s estate, and that you will simply need to provide mom’s death certificate to prove she did not survive her daughter.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01DAF87C.B063E1E0]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>

Our office will be closed on FRIDAYS from June 7, 2024 through August 30, 2024.

Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.