[WSBARP] Release vs Recon

John McCrady j.mccrady at pstitle.com
Wed Sep 20 09:37:53 PDT 2023

>From a title company perspective, that procedure is not valid.  That being said, we have insured through such a procedure on a purely risk basis.  As an aside, we do see out of state lenders, and even out of state attorneys, think the laws of their jurisdiction are applicable to all jurisdictions.)
I would look at the age of the deed of trust and the amount of the loan, along with how long ago the loan would have been paid off by its terms.  I would also look at whether there is a new insured deed of trust that would have paid off the one in question.
If all the considerations line up to my liking I would agree to insure around the invalidly released deed of trust.

John McCrady
Counsel
Puget Sound Title Company
5350 Orchard Street West
University Place WA 98467
253-476-5721
j.mccrady at pstitle.com<mailto:j.mccrady at pstitle.com>

There are no traffic jams on the extra mile

Beginning July 26, 2021, recording fees for most documents recorded in Washington will increase by $100<https://www.piercecountywa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/105275/Recording-Fee-Schedule-Effective-Jul-25-2021->. Please be sure to collect recording fees accordingly. Due to the above increase, our Reconveyance fees will also be increased by $100.00

WARNING-FRAUDULENT FUNDING INSTRUCTIONS
Email hacking and fraud are on the rise to fraudulently misdirect funds.  Please call your escrow officer immediately using contact information found from an independent source, such as the sales contract or internet, to verify any funding instructions received.  We are not responsible for any wire sent by you to an incorrect bank account.