[WSBARP] QUESTION ON REAL ESTATE EXCISE TAX

Jan Kelly jan at jankellylaw.com
Sun Sep 17 14:00:42 PDT 2023

If the house will retain its separate property character in the trust, then
it is 458-61A-211(2)(g). If they want it to convert to community property,
you need a 2-step process. First change it to community property using
458-61A-203(1) and record; then record the change to trust under
458-61A-211(2)(g).

On Sun, Sep 17, 2023 at 9:51 AM Fern Herbert <fern at zenith-lawgroup.com>
wrote:

> Hello Listmates,
>
> I am in the process of transferring real property held in the name of
> *ONE* spouse into a revocable trust held by both spouses.  I have looked
> at the WAC 458-61A and I do not see an exemption for this kind of transfer.
> Does anyone know of an exemption and is willing to share what you know?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> *Fern Herbert*
> Managing Attorney
> *Zenith Law Group, PLLC*
>

> *Business Mailing Address *
>
> *4320 196th St. SW B-712 *
> *Lynnwood, WA  98036*
> *Phone/Fax: (425) 822-6311*
>
> *Office locations in: Arlington, Bellevue, Bothell, Everett, Kirkland,
> Lynnwood, Mt. Vernon, Renton, downtown Seattle*
>

> *The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
> to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or the
> employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient,
> you are hereby notified that unauthorized viewing, dissemination,
> distribution or copying of this transmission is in violation of the
> Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986 (18 U.S.*C. § 2700 *et seq.)
> as well as Domestic and International Laws and Treaties. If you have
> received the communication in error, please immediately notify  Zenith Law
> Group by telephone call to (206) 686-7373.*

> others.***

*Jan Kelly, JD/MBA*Attorney at Law

JK Law
PO Box 1964
Poulsbo, WA 98370
Direct Line (702) 338-6733

*Licensed in Nevada and Washington*.

THIS EMAIL MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND INTENDED ONLY
FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY
CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM
DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. Any unauthorized review, use, copying,
disclosure or distribution of any information contained in or attached to
this communication is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this
communication in error, or are not the named recipient, please immediately
notify the sender by email by "reply to sender only" and delete this
message and any attached documents from your computer. Receipt by anyone
other than the intended recipient(s) is not a waiver of confidentiality
and/or any legal privilege. Thank you.