[WSBARP] Tenants in Common (2) - can each claim homestead exemption

Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
Fri Oct 20 16:02:59 PDT 2023

Thank you Bryce,

The deed shows X & Y as equal tenants in common.  They are not married, but
each reside in the home as their principal residence.  If each filed
separate bankruptcies, I think each can exempt their one-half up to the
maximum amount, so effectively doubling the exemption for the one piece of
property.  There must be a case out there dealing with this.

Jeff

W. Jeff Davis

BELL & DAVIS PLLC

Attorneys at Law
P.O. Box 510

720 E. Washington Street, Suite 105
Sequim WA 98382
Phone: (360) 683.1129
Fax: (360) 683.1258
email: jeff at bellanddavispllc.com <mailto:jeff at bellanddavispllc.com>
 <http://www.bellanddavispllc.com/> www.bellanddavispllc.com

confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please e-mail the sender at  <mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com>
info at bellanddavispllc.com  or call 360.683.1129.