[WSBARP] Proposed changes in REET gift exemption WAC 458-61A-201

Jeanne Dawes jjdawes at goregrewe.com
Mon Oct 9 10:25:17 PDT 2023

Hopefully a standard rebut to the rebuttable presumption is if the gift is an exempt transfer under the Garn-St. Germain Act and 12 USC Sec. 1701j-3(d).

§ 1701j-3(d) Due on sale exemptions

1) the creation of a lien or other encumbrance subordinate to the lender's security instrument which does not relate to a transfer of rights of occupancy in the property;

2) the creation of a purchase money security interest for household appliances;

3) a transfer by devise, descent, or operation of law on the death of a joint tenant or tenant by the entirety;

4) the granting of a leasehold interest of three years or less not containing an option to purchase;

5) a transfer to a relative resulting from the death of a borrower;

6) a transfer where the spouse or children of the borrower become an owner of the property;

7) a transfer resulting from a decree of a dissolution of marriage, legal separation agreement, or from an incidental property settlement agreement, by which the spouse of the borrower becomes an owner of the property;

8) a transfer into an inter vivos trust in which the borrower is and remains a beneficiary and which does not relate to a transfer of rights of occupancy in the property; or

9) any other transfer or disposition described in regulations prescribed by the Federal Home Loan Bank Board.

Jeanne

Jeanne J. Dawes
Attorney at Law
Gore & Grewe, P.S.