[WSBARP] Title Issue - Realty Check

John McCrady j.mccrady at pstitle.com
Tue Nov 28 14:55:39 PST 2023

In my opinion:
Marriage itself does not change the character of title from separate to community; if they want to hold as community property rather than as separate property JTWRS they will need to convey to the community by deed or use a proper community property agreement.

John McCrady
Counsel
Puget Sound Title Company
5350 Orchard Street West
University Place WA 98467
253-476-5721
j.mccrady at pstitle.com<mailto:j.mccrady at pstitle.com>

Beginning January 1, 2024, recording fees for most documents recorded in Washington will increase by $100.
Recording fees will be $303.50 for the first page, plus $1 for each additional page
Deed of Trust will be $304.50 for the first page, plus $1 for each additional page
2024 Recording Fee Schedule<https://view.officeapps.live.com/op/view.aspx?src=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.piercecountywa.gov%2FDocumentCenter%2FView%2F130967%2Frecordingfeeschedule20240101%3FbidId%3D&wdOrigin=BROWSELINK>

WARNING-FRAUDULENT FUNDING INSTRUCTIONS
Email hacking and fraud are on the rise to fraudulently misdirect funds.  Please call your escrow officer immediately using contact information found from an independent source, such as the sales contract or internet, to verify any funding instructions received.  We are not responsible for any wire sent by you to an incorrect bank account.