[WSBARP] Seeking Referral of a Landlord Tenant Attorney for Eviction

Doris Eslinger doris at eslingerlawoffice.com
Thu Nov 16 19:42:52 PST 2023

My client’s late husband rented a property in Lynnwood to a tenant who is behind in rent since 2021.   The property management company retained a law firm to handle the eviction.  The pay or vacate notice states that the unpaid rent as of September is $8,000 but in fact it’s over $20,000.  The law firm served summons and complaint and scheduled a hearing for December.  The law firm said that if  we proceed with the eviction, we can only recover the amount stated in pay or vacate notice.  Otherwise, my client needs to start over with a pay or vacate notice with the correct amount and filed another summons and complaint.   The management company has informed us that the law firm is very non responsive and they have no confidence in the law firm.  I have many questions that the law firm hasn’t replied to, although I have asked.

My young client just lost her husband and she is rather desperate and would like to hire a new attorney.  Would someone be willing to consult with me about our options.  E.g. if we proceed with the court hearing and evict the client, will the client be able to recover the actual amount of unpaid rent later?  How about the recovery of utilities payments and late fees:  My client has approved for me to pay for the consultation. I would appreciate any referrals, including self-referrals. Thank you very much for your help!
Regards,

Doris Eslinger
Attorney at Law
Eslinger Law Office, PLLC
2200 112th Ave NE | Suite 200 | Bellevue, WA 98004 | Phone: (425) 451-3237 |

This message and its attachments are intended only for the addressee.  Please do not forward this message to others without permission.  The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential, and protected by the attorney-client or attorney work product privileges.  Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, disclosure or use of such information is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by return e-mail or you may call our office at (425) 451-3237. Nothing in this message should be interpreted as a digital or electronic signature that can be used to authenticate a contract or other legal document.