[WSBARP] Looking to connect with DC licensed attorney

Shaun Watchie Perry shaunwperry at swp-law.com
Thu May 18 08:48:06 PDT 2023

Any real estate attorney licensed to practice law in DC on the list? My
daughter is renting a residential condo in DC. Landlord is selling unit
and her lease allows Landlord to show unit when its listed for sale, but
it is getting ridiculous how much Landlord is showing- albeit with
negotiated notice. I think  they have overpriced the unit... there have
been at least 40 showings-mostly when tenant is out, but  sometimes in
the evening and over the weekends, in the last 30 days or so. Lights
left on. Drawers left open. Heat was turned on. Windows left open.

How reasonable is it if she wants a weekend off? How reasonable to limit
showings to a certain number per week? The amount of showings are really
disturbing her use and enjoyment of the apartment.  There are strong
tenant laws in DC, but she has a cordial relationship with LL. She has
not always insisted on the full 24 hours notice, but is now leaning
towards this given how frequent and intrusive the showings have been.
She wants to be cooperative, but there is a limit. My thoughts are to
negotiate a reduction in rent if this is how it's going to be until her
lease is up in December. Just not sure of my legal basis. Would love to
pick one of my esteemed colleague's brain.

Thanks so much!

-Shaun
--

_PLEASE NOTE THAT EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2022, I HAVE MOVED MY OFFICE
AND CAN BE REACHED AT THE FOLLOWING NEW ADDRESS:_

_LAW OFFICE OF SHAUN WATCHIE PERRY_
_PO BOX 348_
_GRAPEVIEW, WA 98546-0348_

_(TELEPHONE, FAX,  EMAIL, and WEB PAGE  remain the same):_

_Tel +206.729.7442   |  Fax + 206.260.1411 [1]  | Email:
shaunwperry at swp-law.com | __Web Page: www.swp-law.com [2]_

_This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed and may contain confidential, privileged
information. If the reader of this e-mail is not the addressee, please
be advised that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you receive this communication in
error, please call immediately 206-729-7442  and return this e-mail to
the above e-mail address and delete from your files._

Links:
------
[1] tel:206.260.1411
[2] http://www.swp-law.com/