[WSBARP] REET and TEDRA Agreement Question

Gabriel Dietz gabe at hdpnw.com
Thu May 4 16:41:53 PDT 2023

Good Afternoon Listmates,

Mom passed away in 2014. Dad passed away in 2022. Daughters A, B, and C are
the surviving relatives and beneficiaries under Mom's credit trust. Dad was
the trustee until he died. Daughter A is now the trustee. The house is
valued at $2.7M in the trust. There is also $800,000 in other assets in the
trust. A, B, and C want to distribute the other assets evenly to A and B
and distribute the house to C. C would owe A and B $1,533,333.33, or
$766,666.67 each as a result from an accounting perspective to
make distributions valued the same. Under WAC 458-61A-202 is excise tax due
on $1,533,333.33 as payment from C to A and B, for C to take sole title? I
thought I would check with those more experienced since I haven't done this
exact scenario before.

Thank you,

Gabriel A. Dietz

Partner

Hoerschelmann Dietz PLLC
p: (206) 451-3859

f: (206) 337-4506

*gabe at hdpnw.com <gabe at hdpnw.com>*

*www.hdpnw.com <http://www.hdpnw.com/>*

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication, including any attachments,
contains privileged or confidential information intended for a specific
individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the
intended recipient, you should delete this communication and shred the
materials and any attachments. You are hereby notified that any use,
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this communication, or the taking
of any action in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify me by email or telephone.