[WSBARP] Question re Trustee Signatures on Conveyance Documents

Mark Vohr mcv at ohanafc.com
Wed Mar 15 09:46:15 PDT 2023

Dwight - Appreciate you chiming in on this issue as it tends to create a hassle for us when dealing with real property conveyances to and from a trust.
I've often wondered it is acceptable to simply state as the grantor or grantee just the name of the trust, e.g.  "The Julie Jones Trust, dated xx/xx/xxxx" leaving out the name of the trustee at the time of the conveyance.  Or, must we recite the name of the trustee at the time of the conveyance, e.g. "X Trust Company, Trustee of The Julie Jones Trust, dated xx/xx/xxxx."
I also wonder if, when we get appointed as a successor trustee, do we have to record a new deed listing us as a trustee.  We would still have to file a REET to make sure we are getting the property tax bills, etc.

May be a silly question, but it comes up a lot.

Regards,

Mark
(he, him)

Mark C. Vohr, J.D. CPGC