[WSBARP] Voiding Transfer

Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
Wed Jun 14 14:50:18 PDT 2023

Listmates:

This is an issue I always wondered about.  Client asked his representative
to transfer his two properties into his new living trust, without telling
the Representative the property addresses.  Representative reviewed county
assessor records and found only two properties under client's name.  One
deed was prepared transferring both into trust.   About a year later, client
finds out that one parcel actually belongs to another person with the exact
same name.  Client tried deeding the property out of trust to the other
person, as a distribution out of trust.  However, county treasurer is
balking at the documentation.  Although treasurer does not know exactly what
it wants, they "believe" it's a twostep process.

I looked at how one voids a deed, but cannot find anything on point.
There must be a simple way to rescind a transfer.  Have any of you run into
this before?

Jeff Davis

W. Jeff Davis

BELL & DAVIS PLLC

Attorneys at Law
P.O. Box 510

720 E. Washington Street, Suite 105
Sequim WA 98382
Phone: (360) 683.1129
Fax: (360) 683.1258
email:  <mailto:jeff at bellanddavispllc.com> jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
 <http://www.bellanddavispllc.com/> www.bellanddavispllc.com

confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please e-mail the sender at  <mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com>
info at bellanddavispllc.com  or call 360.683.1129.