[WSBARP] Ambiguous Easement - Another Try

Douglas Scott doug at rainieradvocates.com
Sat Jun 10 10:00:22 PDT 2023

Mark,
Easements can be abandoned by the owner of the dominant estate.  A mere
lack of use is not necessarily an abandonment.  An intention of the
dominant estate to abandon the easement can be implied when the owner of
the easement neither claims nor retains an interest in the easement.  It
would seem that your facts indicate an intention to abandon. I would doubt
that an easement was ever truly created. The more time that goes by the
greater the intent to abandon if one was even created.

*DOUGLAS W. SCOTT*
Rainier Legal Advocates|LLC

465 Rainier Blvd. N., Suite C
Issaquah, Washington 98027
425.392.8550 (tel)
425.392.2829 (fax)

www.rainieradvocates.com

Notice: This communication, including attachments, may contain information
that is confidential and protected by the attorney/client or other
privileges. It constitutes non-public information intended to be conveyed
only to the designated recipient(s). If the reader or recipient of this
communication is not the intended recipient, an employee or agent of the
intended recipient who is responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, or you believe that you have received this communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and promptly
delete this e-mail, including attachments without reading or saving them in
any manner. The unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution, or
reproduction of this e-mail, including attachments, is prohibited and may
be unlawful. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is not
a waiver of any attorney/client or other privilege