[WSBARP] UD - Serve Justice Project From Previous Action?

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 23 14:03:48 PST 2023

Listmates- Idea bouncing here.  Last year, LL brings a UD against Tenant.  T defaults.  One day before lockout date, Justice Project (T is indigent) swoops in and with one hour notice to me, gets everything set aside on ex-parte calendar for various misleading reasons not germane here (T feigns being clueless and English is a second language). LL dismisses case instead of going to trial.  Now, about 6 months later, I, on behalf of LL, am having T served again for unlawful detainer.  Here's my idea:  Should I also send the documents to the same Justice Project attorney who represented T before?  That might make things go faster.  Is there any type of violation of professional ethics here?  The Justice Project attorney did not withdraw from the case.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D92F31.1E1D9B20]