[WSBARP] Interest in Property

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Sat Jan 21 04:56:18 PST 2023

One of those two cases and statutory amendment  is likely what I was
referring to in my response, assuming the statute was amended in
response to the one of those cases.  But without reading the cases, the
mortgage creditor was not allowed to redeem due to the specific language
of the statute (referring to time rather than priority as I recall), and
that quirk has since been fixed to avoid a similar result in the future.

Unfortunately Sheppards (if that still exists) doesn't pick up
situations where the legislature overrules a case, which is why I
brought it up.  ;-)

Kary L. Krismer
206 723-2148