[WSBARP] sale including lease improvements - REET

Josh Grant jgrant at accima.com
Thu Feb 16 14:14:14 PST 2023

Thanks for some recent responses. I have additional facts.  This is my client a seller on a $650,000 sale of a business situated on US Bureau of Recl. land. It turns out that the improvements were there when he started the lease with the US. He didn’t build them and he didn’t buy them. So in that case is it correct that, while a sale of leasehold improvements can trigger a REET tax, that under these facts, there is not REET ?
Joshua F. Grant

P. O. Box 619
Wilbur, WA 99185
509 647 5578