[WSBARP] Request for Attorney Referral in Jamaica

Mark Anderson marka at mbaesq.com
Fri Feb 10 12:54:07 PST 2023

Dear Listmates:
PC's elderly father lives and owns real property (his family home) in Jamaica.  He is married but he and his wife are estranged; she also lives in Jamaica but not in the family home.  PC, who lives here, has power of attorney for the father's affairs.  Elderly father has now moved into a care facility and PC would like to sell the family home to help offset some of the costs of father's medical care.  Unfortunately, I think the home is also occupied by his estranged wife's daughter from another marriage.  Messy.
I would like to refer PC to an attorney who practices in Jamaica who can help PC with this matter.  I would like to pass on names based on personal recommendations rather than sending PC someone from the "Yellow Pages."
In advance, thanks for your input on this.
Mark B. Anderson
ANDERSON LAW FIRM PLLC
821 Dock St  Ste 209  PMB 4-12
Tacoma, Washington 98402
+1 253-327-1750
+1 253-327-1751 (fax)
marka at mbaesq.com<mailto:marka at mbaesq.com>
www.mbaesq.com<http://www.mbaesq.com/>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This transmission is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual named recipient. It may be protected by the attorney-client privilege, work product doctrine, or other confidentiality protection. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender via e-mail or by telephone at (253) 327-1750 that you have received the message in error, and then delete it. Thank you.