[WSBARP] TIAA CREFF account just found

Jenna Brozik Jenna at prinzandbrozik.com
Wed Dec 20 09:15:15 PST 2023

List mates,

I opened up a probate last year and closed it as the PR thought everything had been accounted for.  Everything was paid off and distributed that needed to be, so we thought.

Now the PR has found a TIAA CREFF account with $140,000 that did not have a beneficiary listed so she has a check written out to the Estate for $140,000.  My client, the PR,  is the only beneficiary of the estate.  Her financial planner has a bank account that is open that is an estate bank account that she can deposit the check into.

This was unexpected....any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jenna Brozik
Managing Attorney