[WSBARP] estate tax lien on tax foreclosed property?

John McCrady j.mccrady at pstitle.com
Thu Dec 7 13:36:22 PST 2023

RCW 84.60.010<http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=84.60.010> states that the property taxes are first lien over everything, and so I believe that the property tax foreclosure wipes out the estate tax lien.  I wonder if someone has a different idea?

John McCrady
Counsel
Puget Sound Title Company
5350 Orchard Street West
University Place WA 98467
253-476-5721
j.mccrady at pstitle.com<mailto:j.mccrady at pstitle.com>

Beginning January 1, 2024, recording fees for most documents recorded in Washington will increase by $100.
Recording fees will be $303.50 for the first page, plus $1 for each additional page
Deed of Trust will be $304.50 for the first page, plus $1 for each additional page
2024 Recording Fee Schedule<https://view.officeapps.live.com/op/view.aspx?src=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.piercecountywa.gov%2FDocumentCenter%2FView%2F130967%2Frecordingfeeschedule20240101%3FbidId%3D&wdOrigin=BROWSELINK>

WARNING-FRAUDULENT FUNDING INSTRUCTIONS
Email hacking and fraud are on the rise to fraudulently misdirect funds.  Please call your escrow officer immediately using contact information found from an independent source, such as the sales contract or internet, to verify any funding instructions received.  We are not responsible for any wire sent by you to an incorrect bank account.