[WSBARP] Recording Copy of Document

Sallye Quinn squinn at barronlaw.com
Wed Aug 23 14:57:20 PDT 2023

I have a client who entered into a real estate contract a number of years ago. The client only has a copy of the REC (which is notarized) and the REC was never recorded.  I am working with the client to get the REC recorded ASAP (and get the REET paid ASAP).  I am having difficulty finding the RCW that I need to comply with to get the copy vs. original recorded.  Thoughts?

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D9D5D2.1D646EF0]

Sallye Quinn
Partner

(360) 718-5013
www.barronlaw.com<http://www.barronlaw.com/>
306 N. Commercial St, Ste. 101
Bellingham, WA 98225

OUT OF OFFICE:  AUGUST 4, 24 AND 25, 2023.
This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the intended addressee (or authorized to receive for the intended addressee), you may not use, copy, or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply email to squinn at barronlaw.com<mailto:squinn at barronlaw.com> and delete the message.  Thank you.
Notice Regarding Reliance on Tax Advice:    You cannot rely on this communication to avoid penalties that may be imposed under the Internal Revenue Code unless you have engaged us to provide written tax advice in a form that satisfies IRS standards for "covered opinions".  We make this disclaimer to avoid potential penalties that the IRS might assess against us for issuing an opinion that does not meet strict IRS standards of presentation.  Meeting those standards would cause significantly increased cost to our clients.