[WSBARP] Lis Pendens on appeal

Eric Nelsen eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Mon Aug 21 11:56:30 PDT 2023

I don’t think an appeal is an independent basis for a lis pendens; it’s the nature of the underlying action that determines if a lis pendens is permissible. See RCW 4.28.320 et seq.<https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=4.28&full=true#4.28.320> I think the only permitted bases for a lis pendens are “...after an action affecting title to real property has been commenced, or after a writ of attachment with respect to real property has been issued in an action, or after a receiver has been appointed with respect to any real property....”

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC