[WSBARP] UD vs Ejectment

Craig Blackmon craig at lawofficeofcraigblackmon.com
Wed Aug 9 15:18:11 PDT 2023

'Mates, my client exchanged possession of the upstairs unit for some basic
assistance with daily living, including designation as POA. Relationship
has ended, the client has discharged the party in possession... but of
course that party refuses to leave.

 My initial thought was that UD was unavailable because this was never a
tenant, but rather an "employee" exempt from the RLTA. He also now claims a
legal right to remain on the property (as POA, legal heir, etc.).
Accordingly, I am preparing an action for ejectment.

Needless to say, the client wants action ASAP. Am I on the right track? Any
insight or guidance to share? Thanks as always!

Craig
Craig Blackmon, Attorney at Law
<https://www.mywsba.org/PersonifyEbusiness/LegalDirectory/LegalProfile.aspx?Usr_ID=000000029240>
92 Lenora St. #103, Seattle WA  98121
Office/Cell: (206) 369-5949
On the blog: Changes to Title and the QCD
<https://seattlepropertylawyer.com/blog/quitclaim-deed-explained>
<https://seattlepropertylawyer.com/>    <https://www.fsbolawyers.org/>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is a private, confidential
electronic communication encompassed by 18 USC 2510. It is for the sole use
of the intended recipient and receipt by anyone other than the intended
recipient does not constitute a loss of its confidential or privileged
nature.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender and destroy all
copies.