[WSBARP] Another Deed quandray

Kira Rubel kira at theharborlawgroup.com
Mon Apr 24 15:43:12 PDT 2023

To my deed/title experts: help.

I have a Client who owns a home in Pierce County in her and her deceased
husband's (Husband #1) living trust. She is now (after an appropriate
amount of time) remarried to Husband #2. Husband #2 is terminally ill.
After obtaining CPA approval, she would like to take her home and make it
Community Property with Husband #2 to get a step up in tax basis when he
passes away.  She intends to keep it in her existing living trust and add
him as co-Trustee as well.

My question is - how many deeds to accomplish this?

Presently the house is held as: Client and Husband #1, Co-Trustees of the
Smith Family Trust.

Thoughts?

*Kira M. Rubel, Esq.*

**Licensed in CA and WA*

8811 N. Harborview Dr. Ste. B
Gig Harbor, WA 98332-2174
Tel.  (253) 358-2215

*https://theharborlawgroup.com/ <https://theharborlawgroup.com/>*

The information transmitted (including any attachments) is intended only
for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material that may be protected by law from disclosure.  If you
receive this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply
e-mail and delete the message and any attachments from your computer.  Any
review, retransmission, dissemination, copying, or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

No Tax Advice: No matter what I say in this email, I am an attorney, not a
tax advisor and cannot provide any tax advice to you! Please refer all tax
matters to your own tax advisor to ensure you are receiving the most
up-to-date and relevant tax advice.