[WSBARP] Contractor Bond question

Gwendolyn Cornwell Gwendolyn at glgmail.com
Wed Apr 19 10:18:01 PDT 2023

I have a contractor client that got himself into a bit of a mess during COVID.  I don't normally deal with the bonds, so this is outside my regular practice.  He has two judgments against him in favor of property owners.  His bond company is putting the bond money in the court registry and filing Assignments of Judgment and a Consolidation and Tender Order.  My client is required to pay the bond company back before there can be a satisfaction of judgment on either matter, correct?

Is the bond company right in doing this?

Thank you!

Gwendolyn Cornwell
Attorney
GOURLEY LAW GROUP
THE EXCHANGE CONNECTION
SNOHOMISH ESCROW
P.O. Box 1091
Snohomish, WA 98291
PH:  (360) 568-5065 (800) 291-8401
Fax: (360) 568-8092

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may contain legally privileged, confidential information belonging to the sender. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action based on the contents of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please contact sender and delete all copies.