[WSBARP] NWMLS Form 35 now prohibits disclosure of inspection report???

Kary Krismer krismer at comcast.net
Wed Sep 28 07:05:36 PDT 2022

Yes, it's been that way for some time, with the most recent version providing a waiver of the inspection contingency.

It's a good change because:  (1)  The seller did not pick the inspector, and the inspector may be an idiot; (2) The buyer will use it to blackmail the seller; and (3) It creates disclosure headaches for the seller if the deal falls through.

I once spent considerable time verifying the proper flashing with the contractor and architech, where the inspector didn't know his stuff.  Later I discovered an obvious siding defect the inspector missed.  Both would have required work that would have cost $20-30k, but the former  was unnecessary.

Kary L. Krismer
John L. Scott, Inc.
206 723-2148