[WSBARP] adverse possession against HOA

Patrick McDonald pmcdonald at podymcdonaldlaw.com
Thu Sep 1 17:06:30 PDT 2022

I agree with Robert and Michael. Division I addressed this issue last year in an unpublished case and said the plain language of the statute prohibited adverse possession of a homeowner association’s open space. It applied the dictionary definition of “greenbelt” when looking at the common area at issue. The case is Close v. Yarrow Hill Homeowners Association.

Patrick McDonald
Pody & McDonald, PLLC
1000 Second Avenue, Ste. 1605
Seattle, WA 98104