[WSBARP] [WSBAPT] What the heck

Catherine Clark Cat at loccc.com
Thu Sep 1 11:31:21 PDT 2022

Wow!  Two of my favorites—future interests and French!

I’m with Dwight on this.  A life estate holder may encumber their interest.  And they may lease their interest out.  The associated risk is a matter of time vis-a-vie (see, more French!) the age and/or health of the life tenant.  Shorter is better seems to me.

Of course, those wishing to loan to a life tenant with a deed of trust against the property, even with title insurance, are taking a big risk without the consent of the future interest holder.

Catherine “Cat” Clark
Law Office of Catherine C. Clark PLLC
110 Prefontaine Place South, Ste. 304
Seattle, WA 98104