[WSBARP] CP Deed Question

tracy paul tracypaullaw at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 31 09:28:24 PDT 2022

Hi All,

Clients would like to transfer property to their revocable living trust. They are married but took title as "joint tenants with rights of survivorship, not as tenants in common, nor as community property". They consider the property community property and didn't realize the effect of the deed they signed when they took title. I'm trying to figure out if I need to record a deed creating community property first and then transfer it to their joint trust or if I can transfer title directly to the trust?

Thanks for any insight!
Tracy Paul