[WSBARP] Joint probate question

Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
Fri Mar 18 14:07:42 PDT 2022

Mr. Anderson,

I would open a joint probate using both Wills.  Attached is joint petition for your review.  The Personal Representative to administer both estates together.  One deed would be recorded that references both decedents.  The Grantor will be the Estates of (both decedents).  I assume both Wills leave everything to the other spouse.  When you say the wills may leave things differently, how?  If the real property is specifically devised to someone in one Will but not the other, that might be a problem.  If each will divides the residue evenly between the adult children, I see no problem.

In this case I think a combined deed is best.

Jeff

W. Jeff Davis

BELL & DAVIS PLLC
P.O. Box 510

720 E. Washington Street, Suite 105
Sequim WA 98382
Phone: (360) 683.1129
Fax: (360) 683.1258
email:  <mailto:jeff at bellanddavispllc.com> jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
 <http://www.bellanddavispllc.com/> www.bellanddavispllc.com

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender at  <mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com> info at bellanddavispllc.com  or call 360.683.1129.